Here’s a stuffing recipe for you – just in time for Thanksgiving! Let us know how you like it!
Join us for a FREE webinar Nov. 13th: The “Inside” Scoop on Gluten-Free #Digestive Health Featuring Dr. Shekhar Challa, board certified gastroenterologist and author of Probiotics For Dummies, and Mary Schluckebier, executive director, Celiac Sprue Association – hosted by GoodBelly Probiotics.
Unless you’re like the proverbial ostrich, you’ve heard all about gluten intolerance and celiac disease. But did you know the conditions are still commonly misdiagnosed because the symptoms can be so varied? An estimated 1.5 to 3 million Americans have celiac disease or other forms of wheat intolerance. Join us for a complimentary webinar giving you the “inside” scoop on gluten intolerance and the importance of having a strong gut! Pun intended : )
Our featured rock star experts include:
- Dr. Shekhar Challa – board certified gastroenterologist, will share insight on the role the digestive system plays in gluten sensitivities and intolerance, and how to identify symptoms.
- Mary Schluckebier – executive director of the Celiac Sprue Association, will also offer top recommendations for making the gluten-free transition, and how to live a gluten-free life.
As a webinar attendee, you will learn:
- Symptoms of gluten intolerance and celiac disease
- Treatment, tips and resources for a gluten-free lifestyle
- The importance of digestive health for those living gluten-free
We hope you’ll join us!
Register here: http://bit.ly/187mUak
Happy Friday! We’d like to share a delicious hummus recipe with you!
Fermented Almond Hummus
Prep time: 15 minutes
Fermentation time: 12 hours
Yield: about 1 cup
- 1 cup soaked organic almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut kefir or fermented vegetable juice to use as starter
- Organic olive oil
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Soak your oganic almonds in a covered glass jar or bowl overnight, then rinse and blend together with lemon juice and garlic. You may want to add a small amount of water to get a creamy consistency.
- Once blended, transfer to a sterile glass jar, add starter (either coconut kefir or fermented vegetable juice), seal tightly and let ferment at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- Add sea salt, olive oil, and stir and then set in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Serve with cut vegetables, lettuce wraps or raw or baked nut, seed or veggie crackers.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.bodyecology.com
Per serving: Calories 137 (From Fat 113); Fat 13 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 131 mg; Carbohydrate 4 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 4 g. per 8 servings.