Happy Friday! We’d like to share a delicious hummus recipe with you!
Fermented Almond Hummus
Prep time: 15 minutes
Fermentation time: 12 hours
Yield: about 1 cup
- 1 cup soaked organic almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut kefir or fermented vegetable juice to use as starter
- Organic olive oil
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Soak your oganic almonds in a covered glass jar or bowl overnight, then rinse and blend together with lemon juice and garlic. You may want to add a small amount of water to get a creamy consistency.
- Once blended, transfer to a sterile glass jar, add starter (either coconut kefir or fermented vegetable juice), seal tightly and let ferment at room temperature for about 12 hours.
- Add sea salt, olive oil, and stir and then set in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Serve with cut vegetables, lettuce wraps or raw or baked nut, seed or veggie crackers.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.bodyecology.com
Per serving: Calories 137 (From Fat 113); Fat 13 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 131 mg; Carbohydrate 4 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 4 g. per 8 servings.